Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
In some cases, provision of your Personal Information may be necessary to provide you with our Services. In these cases, if you fail to provide certain Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to give you access to our Services. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us with an inquiry, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of the message you send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Careers. If you apply for a job with us directly, you may provide us with your resume, name and contact details, and any other information that you submit to us. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as LinkedIn), we will collect the information you make available to us through such a third-party platform.
Partnering with us. If you express your interest in partnering with us, you may provide us with your name, email address, your position and company name, company website, materials of interest, industry and any other information attached as notes.
Innovators testimonials. If you decide to submit an innovator testimonial, you may provide us with your name, title, company name, use case and any other information you choose to provide.
B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, and operating system version.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies (collectively “Cookies”). Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session Cookies and persistent Cookies. A session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
C. Personal Information We Receive From Third Parties.
Third-Party Services. You may also post photos, comments, or reviews on our pages available through third-party platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. If you do so, we and other users on those third-party platforms may be able to view the Personal Information you make available through these third-party platforms.
Partners. We may receive additional Personal Information about you from third parties (such as partners that provide publicly available demographic information about you) or marketing partners and combine it with other Personal Information we have about you.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we collect for the purposes described below:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To detect and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To process job applications;
- To process your submissions, including to become our partner and to provide testimonial;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with vendors and service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect Personal Information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations, including law enforcement agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and to prevent cyber or other suspected or alleged crime. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your Personal Information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
With Your Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
Your Rights and Choices
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain Personal Information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as [the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations].
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 16 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information, then please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the EEA or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that your Personal Information is processed and stored in the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in the EEA, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, transfer to recipients who have adopted Binding Corporate Rules, or rely on an appropriate legal derogation.
For more information about how we transfer outside of the EEA and the UK, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us using the contact details as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Pose a Question
1250 Marina Village Parkway
Alameda, CA 94501
If you are located in Switzerland, the UK or EEA please contact our data representative in your home country using the attached instructions.
Last Updated: August 17, 2023